The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Alcoholic beverages
- Blade weapons
- Bills, blank
- Banknotes and coins, counterfeit
- Crude or refined opium
- Cotton or silk cloth
- Currency, counterfeit
- Daisies and parts of daisies
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Medicines unless accompanied by a prescription
- Offensive materials
- Pharmaceutical products
- Printed matter; newspaper and books- offensive by nature
- Radio sets and transmitters
- Toy arms and pistols
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Radio sets, transmitters and receivers.
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia and in the destination country.
Restrictions and conditions can change at short notice so the information on this page should be used as a guide only. For the latest information, you should check the UPU prohibitions & restrictions (PDF 7.2MB) or contact the destination country's customs, postal trade or government authority.
It's also your responsibility to check if the destination country imposes any duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees on the item you're sending. If you're unsure, please contact the consulate office of the destination country.
In addition to our customs forms, authorities in the destination country, territory or region require further documentation for some items.
For all medicines, senders should enclose:
- full details of product names, quantities and dates of manufacture
- a copy of the purchase invoice certified by a competent medical authority
- the sender’s and addressee’s addresses and telephone numbers
- the product’ expiry or use-by date.
Delivery locations & exclusions
Before sending to this destination, it’s worth noting a few more details about our international delivery services.
Delivery locations & exclusions data (Personal)
- International Express (carried via the EMS network) - Parcels delivers only to Muscat and Salalah
Addresses must include the Post Office Box number, postcode, and a contact telephone number. International Express - Parcels does not deliver to a Post Office Box however does deliver to a Poste Restante.
- International Express - Letters service available on a non-guaranteed basis
For more information from the overseas carrier, check the Oman Post website.