The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Absinthe and similar liqueurs
- Beverages resembling wines
- Book trade products, counterfeit
- Marks of origin, false
- Metal resembling legal coinage
- Spirits containing aniseed
- Weights and measures, non-metric
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
New Caledonia requires an import permit for all commercial goods that exceed 2000 CFP in value. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has the necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from New Caledonian authorities before posting:
- Animal products
- Chemical products
- Coin-counterfeiting apparatus
- Plants and plant products
- Sound recordings