The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Arms and ammunition
- Ceramic products
- Inorganic chemicals
- Live trees and other plants
- Mineral fuels and oils
- Miscellaneous manufactures articles
- Paper and paperboard
- Photographic and cinematographic articles
- Printed articles, books, newspapers- offensive by nature
- Soap, washing preparations
- Tanning and dying extracts
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcohol and spirits
- Apparel and clothing- soiled
- Animals and animal products
- Coffee, tea and spices
- Foodstuffs, prepared
- Mineral products
- Organic chemicals
- Pearls, precious stones and metals
- Plants and plant products
- Rubber articles
- Textile articles
- Wood products
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia and in the destination country.
Restrictions and conditions can change at short notice so the information on this page should be used as a guide only. For the latest information, you should check the UPU prohibitions & restrictions (PDF 7.2MB) or contact the destination country's customs, postal trade or government authority.
It's also your responsibility to check if the destination country imposes any duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees on the item you're sending. If you're unsure, please contact the consulate office of the destination country.
In addition to our customs forms, authorities in the destination country, territory or region require further documentation for some items.
Nauru has no current requirements for special documentation.
Delivery locations & exclusions
Before sending to this destination, it’s worth noting a few more details about our international delivery services.
- International Express (carried via the EMS network) - Parcels deliver to all destinations
International Express - Parcels does not deliver to a Post Office Box or to Poste Restante.
- International Express - Letters service available on a non-guaranteed basis
- All addresses in Nauru have the postcode NRU68