The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal products
- Animal or vegetable fats and oils
- Arms and ammunition
- Cutlery and implements
- Coins exceeding $A11 in value
- Firearms, imitation
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Organic and Inorganic chemicals
- Printed matter; books and newspapers- offensive by nature
- Pearls, precious stones and metals
- Plants and seeds
- Quinine, rose-coloured
- Shaving brushes, Japanese
- Some minerals
- Tanning or dying extracts, colouring matter
- Vegetable products
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Myanmar requires an import permit for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from Myanmar authorities before posting any item other than letters.
Myanmar reserves the right not to accept insured items containing valuable articles such as currency notes, cheques, securities payable to the bearer, items representing monetary value and