The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal products
- Airline tickets, blank stock
- Bullion and currency
- Dangerous goods, haz. or comb. materials
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Inorganic and organic chemicals
- Photographic or cinematographic products
- Printed articles; books, newspapers- offensive by nature
- Pearls, precious metals and stones
- Vegetable products
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Automobile spare parts
- Chemicals, non-hazardous
- Industrial equipment
- Metals and stones, precious
- Pharmaceutical products
- Photographic appliances
- Plants and parts of plants
- Radio equipment
- Textile articles
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins