The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Advertising material on lucky charms
- Animals and animal products
- Coins exceeding $M50 in value, except purely for ornament
- Copyright infringements
- Electric machinery
- Flick knives
- Firearms and parts thereof
- Glass and glassware
- Government Service markings, imitation
- Headgear and parts thereof
- Lottery tickets
- Obscene or seditious articles
- Photographic, cinematographic instruments and parts thereof
- Products of the printing industry- offensive by nature
- Plastics and articles thereof
- Pearls, precious stones and metals
- Some textile products
- Spear guns
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Toys, games and sports equipment
- Trademark infringements
- Wood and articles of wood
Malaysia also prohibits all Parcels addressed to Vietnamese refugees in camps or addressed to Post Office Box 12468, Kuala Lumpur.
Transporting food of any kind is prohibited under International Courier.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Courier services.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Malaysia requires an import permit for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from Malaysian authorities before posting:
- Animals, live
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Fruit and nuts
- Goods originating from Israel (documents are not restricted)
- Hypodermic syringes
- Milk products
- Plants and parts of plants
- Seeds and grain
- Vegetables for consumption
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia and in the destination country.
Restrictions and conditions can change at short notice so the information on this page should be used as a guide only. For the latest information, you should check the UPU prohibitions & restrictions (PDF 7.2MB) or contact the destination country's customs, postal trade or government authority.
It's also your responsibility to check if the destination country imposes any duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees on the item you're sending. If you're unsure, please contact the consulate office of the destination country.
In addition to our customs forms, authorities in the destination country, territory or region require further documentation for some items.
British-made goods require a Certificate of Origin.
Delivery locations & exclusions
Before sending to this destination, it’s worth noting a few more details about our international delivery services.
- International Express - Parcels does deliver to all destinations
International Express - Parcels does deliver to a Post Office Box and Poste Restante (counter mail delivery)
- International Courier
Check our International Courier page to find a participating Post Office.
Shipments must be lodged at the counter by 2pm for two business day delivery (excluding time with border agencies). Maximum shipment size is 50x50x50 cm.
International Courier Declaration and DHL Airway Bill forms, available at participating retail centres, need to be filled out by hand and attached to the shipment (instructions available in-store). For Customs declarations, articles may not be declared as containing "Personal effects".
International Courier does not deliver to a Post Office Box or Poste Restante.
Metropolitan delivery to (valid postcodes in brackets):
- Kuala Lumpur, Ampang Jaya, (50000 to 68100)
- Shah Alam, Subang Jaya, Klang (40000 to 48050) Note: guarantee of delivery in 2 business days does not apply to 43100.
- Johor Bahru (80000 to 81300)
- Ipoh Perak (30000 to 30840, 31350 to 31650)
- Kuching Sarawak* (93000 to 93450)
* Goods to this area may be subject to longer than usual customs delays which may affect the delivery time guarantee.
For more information from the overseas carrier, check the Pos Malaysia website.