The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals, live
- Ammunition, explosives and similar items
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Narcotics, behaviour-influencing substances and devices for their use
- Organic and inorganic chemicals
- Precious metals and stones
- Products of the printing industry- offensive by nature
- Plant products - hyacinth bulbs, carnation and chrysanthemum seedlings and cuttings, seeds of leguminous plants, seeds of weeds subject to quarantine
- Raw materials of animal origin
- Securities of any kind payable to bearer
- Weapons and all components
Ordinary and registered letters
Latvia does not accept ordinary and registered letters containing articles subject to customs duty.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Animal products
- Plants and plant products.
- Pharmaceutical products
Gifts to private individuals up to 50 lats value are duty-exempt if the article contains no more than three identical objects.