The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals, live
- Bullion and currency
- Dangerous goods, haz. or comb. materials
- Eggs, raw
- Electronic and high-frequency machines
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Honey and honeycomb
- Military equipment
- Poisons and toxic substances
- Photographic film (undeveloped)
- Postage stamps (unused)
- Publications and printed matter of offensive nature
- Precious metals, stones and jewellery
- Rare animals and plants, and products
- Subs, cont’g sodium/calc.clyclamate
- Weapons and parts of weapons
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal products and animal skins
- Audio Recordings
- Antiques and works of art
- Chemicals, non-hazardous
- Coffee/coffee samples
- Cologne and perfumes
- Communications equipment
- Computer components and parts
- Computer tapes and discs
- Cotton Seed
- Drugs: prescription and non prescription
- Dairy products
- Electronic music equipment
- Fabric and fabric samples
- Food stuffs
- Fish products
- Grain samples
- Leather goods
- Measuring apparatus
- Medical samples
- Medical/dental supplies
- Personal effects
- Photographic and video equipment
- Plants and plant products
- Radio and video machines
- Soil samples
- Telecomunications equipment
- Televisions and television equipment
- Weapons, hunting
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum-based products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes
Name and Address of Sender
The name and address of the sender must be shown on all items.
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia and in the destination country.
Restrictions and conditions can change at short notice so the information on this page should be used as a guide only. For the latest information, you should check the UPU prohibitions & restrictions (PDF 7.2MB) or contact the destination country's customs, postal trade or government authority.
It's also your responsibility to check if the destination country imposes any duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees on the item you're sending. If you're unsure, please contact the consulate office of the destination country.
In addition to our customs forms, authorities in the destination country, territory or region require further documentation for some items.
Postal items to Kazakhstan by private individuals which contain goods that are not intended for commercial or manufacturing purposes are exempt from customs duty, provided they do not weigh more than 31kg and that the total value of the item does not exceed 100USD.
Commercial goods must include an invoice.
Inherited goods require a certificate, endorsed by a consul, which confirms the right of inheritance.
The sender and receiver details must be addressed with a valid street address in English. A Post Office Box address is not acceptable. The sender is responsible for finding if the destination country may impose duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees that may be applied on the item that is being sent. Please contact the consulate office of the country you are sending to or contact the Australia Post Customer Contact Centre on 13 76 78.
Delivery locations & exclusions
Before sending to this destination, it’s worth noting a few more details about our international delivery services.
Delivery locations & exclusions data (Personal)
- International Express (carried via the EMS network) - Parcels delivers to all destinations
International Express - Parcels does not deliver to a Post Office Box or Poste Restante.
- International Express - Letters service available on a non-guaranteed basis
- Delivery confirmation
Kazakhstan does not deliver to addressees in person.
For more information from the overseas carrier, check the Kazpost website