The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Alcoholic beverages, as well as equipment and machinery for producing wine or alcoholic beverages
- Animal products prohibited by Islamic religion (eg pig’s or dog’s meat together with the skins, hair and wool of such animals)
- Arms and ammunition, except with the agreement of the Defence Ministry
- All kinds of printed material such as pictures, books, magazines, etc.
- Chemical dyes
- Clothing material for resale
- Clothing, used
- Foodstuffs, perishable
- Gold and silver
- Lottery tickets
- Money (coins, bank notes and other securities, etc.)
- Obscene or pornographic pictures and contrary to the Islamic religion
- Printed material such as pictures, books, magazines- offensive by nature
- Razor blades, used
- Radio systems equipped as follows: single sideband, upper sideband, lower sideband, beat frequency oscillator, continuous wave, air band, police band
- Radios equipped with an FM band having a frequency range of 76 to 87 MHz
- Rags made of any kind of textiles
- Subversive or immoral literature and items
- Textile fibres composed of artificial materials and rag fibres
- Tobacco and derivatives
- Tanning wool and textile made of wool or yarn
- Toxic substances
- Trademarks, false or imitated
- Wireless apparatus.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it