The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals, live
- Chain letters
- Inorganic chemicals
- Live animals
- Organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals
- Obscene or immoral publications
- Pirated books
- Photographic or cinematographic goods
- Printed books and materials- offensive by nature
- Publications harmful to young people.
Recording video cassettes and laser disks are prohibited under International Courier, International Express.
Transporting food of any kind is prohibited under International Courier.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Courier services.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Animals and animal products
- Anti-parasite products
- Books, brochures and printed matter
- Dangerous goods; comb or haz materials
- Food and beverages
- Pharmaceutical products
- Plants and parts of plants
- Printed material in Indonesian languages or dialects
- Printed material in Chinese or written in Chinese character