The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal products
- Bullion and currency
- Dangerous goods, haz or comb materials
- Drugs, non-prescription
- Liquid non-hazardous
- Precious metals and stones
- Postage stamps resembling those in current circulation
- Seditious printed matter and films.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Communications equipment
- Computer components and parts
- Telecomunications equipment.
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.