The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Bullion and currency
- Currency, forged or counterfeit
- Dangerous goods, haz or comb materilas
- Gambling devices
- Gold and silver items bearing imitations of British hallmarks
- Jewellery, precious stones and metals
- Liquids, non-hazardous
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Personal effects
- Playing cards
- Shaving brushes from Japan.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Plants and parts of plants.
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.