The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Abortion inducing items
- Animals and animal parts
- Bullion and Currency
- Cigarette papers
- Concentrated wines
- Dangerous goods, haz. or comb. mats
- Gambling devices
- Items contrary to the political, social and economic order of the state
- Must and chemical substances useable for fabricating wines
- Jewellery, precious stones and metals
El Salvador Postal authorities do not accept ordinary and registered letters containing articles subject to custom duty.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Medical Samples
- Medical samples
- Pharmaceutical products
- Parasites and insect killers
- Spirits and liqueur essences
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil