The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animals products/ skins
- Bullion and Currency
- Dangerous goods, haz. or comb. mat.
- Gambling devices
- Jewellery, precious stones and metals
- Money orders
- Military samples
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Books and printed publications
- Drugs and medicines
- Jewelery, costume
- Medical samples
- Medical/dental supplies and equipment
- Negatives inc. X-rays and films
- Personal effects
- Plants and parts of plants
- Tobacco products
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil