The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Adulterated beverages and foodstuffs
- Biological or radioactive materials
- Chain letters
- Condensed milk
- Dangerous goods, haz and comb materials
- Infectious disease agents
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Offensive materials
- Pharmaceutical products and drugs of unknown composition.
Chilean Post does not accept ordinary and registered letters containing articles subject to customs duty
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Animals and plants
- Saccharine and similar substances.
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia