The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Arms and ammunition
- Articles which, by their nature or their packing, may endanger the life or health of postal officials or other persons
- Bullion and currency
- Bulgarian coins
- Clothing, linen or footwear, used
- Coins, banknotes, and securities payable to bearer
- Movable cultural monuments without a permit or a certificate
- Obscene or immoral articles
- Precious stones, jewels and metals
- Psychotropic substances
- Printed matter, publications, photographs, films, tapes, etc prejudicial to the political or economic institutions of Bulgaria
- Religious materials connected with prohibited or unregistered sects or organizations Travellers’ cheques
- Valuable articles in uninsured postal items.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Senders should determine import restrictions from Bulgarian authorities before posting securities, medici