The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Abortion-procurement items
- Animals and animal products, except bees, silkworms and leeches
- Arms and ammunition
- Electronic cigarettes, e-cigarettes,e-ciggies and the like. Including accessories to these devices
- Lottery tickets and circulars
- Organic chemicals
- Miscellaneous chemical products
- Photographic and cinematographic articles
- Pearls, precious stones, jewellery and metal
- Pharmaceutical product
- Postage stamps, unless in registered letters
- Publications of an immoral or subversive nature
- Tobacco, tobacco products and tobacco substitute products
- Weapons and parts of weapons
- Writing material
Brazil reserves the right not to accept ordinary, registered or insured mail containing coins, bank notes in circulation or securities of any kind payable to the bearer.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Colouring matter derived from oil
- Consumer goods, used
- Essences of beverages
- Parasites and insect killers
- Plants, seeds and fruits
- Brazil requires an import permit for all commercial goods. Before posting any item, se