The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Alcohol and items used to manufacture or distil alcohol
- Airline tickets, blank stock
- Bullion and currency
- Coins and medals
- Dangerous goods, haz or comb materials
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Gambling devices
- Meat products
- Military equipment
- Mineral waters
- Precious metals and stones
- Records, gramophone
- Weights and measures.
Benin does not accept ordinary letters containing articles subject to customs duty.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.