The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Bearer bonds
- Chain letters
- Colouring matter
- Empty ink cartridges
- Empty laser toner cartridges
- Inorganic chemicals
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Live Animals and Animal Products
- Photograph and films, indecent.
- Photographic or cinematographic goods
- Printed books, newspapers
- Tanning or dyeing extracts
- Vegetable Products
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Animal products
- Electrical equipment or parts
- Hides and skins, raw
- Mechanical appliances
- Sports requisites
- Textiles and textile articles
- Toys and games
- Vegetables and vegetable products
- Wood and wooden articles.
Please note the following restrictions for International Standard articles being carried by the EMS network:
- Biological substances