The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Coins, copper or bronze, unless Bangladesh coins
- Coins, counterfeit or imitation
- Cotton, American
- Cotton, silk or woven materials with designs of imitation currency notes
- Mexican jumping beans
- Publications, obscene
- Quinine, rose-coloured
- Stamps, counterfeit or imitation
- Trademarks, British or Bangladesh, false or imitation.
Insured Items - Letters
Bangladesh does not accept insured items containing articles subject to customs duty.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Coffee, roasted or ground
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Material sold by the length or piece
- Plants or parts of plants
- Radio apparatus