The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Coins, copper or bronze, unless Bangladesh coins
- Coins, counterfeit or imitation
- Cotton, American
- Cotton, silk or woven materials with designs of imitation currency notes
- Mexican jumping beans
- Publications, obscene
- Quinine, rose-coloured
- Stamps, counterfeit or imitation
- Trademarks, British or Bangladesh, false or imitation.
Insured Items - Letters
Bangladesh does not accept insured items containing articles subject to customs duty.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Coffee, roasted or ground
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Material sold by the length or piece
- Plants or parts of plants
- Radio apparatus
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia and in the destination country.
Restrictions and conditions can change at short notice so the information on this page should be used as a guide only. For the latest information, you should check the UPU prohibitions & restrictions (PDF 7.2MB) or contact the destination country's customs, postal trade or government authority.
It's also your responsibility to check if the destination country imposes any duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees on the item you're sending. If you're unsure, please contact the consulate office of the destination country.
In addition to our customs forms, authorities in the destination country, territory or region require further documentation for some items.
Commercial goods must include an invoice and a Certificate of Origin.
Delivery locations & exclusions
Before sending to this destination, it’s worth noting a few more details about our international delivery services.
Delivery locations & exclusions data (Personal)
- International Express (carried via the EMS network) - Parcels deliver only to the places shown
International Express - Parcels does not deliver to a Post Office Box or Poste Restante.
- International Express - Letters guaranteed service is not available from Perth
- International Registered Post
Bangladesh pays compensation only in the case of total loss, total theft or destruction of the article.
For more information from the overseas carrier, check the Bangladesh Post Office website.