The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Albanian bank notes
- Animals, live or dead
- Articles sent by political refugees
- Currency and bullion
- Extravagant clothing and other items
- Gambling devices
- Precious metals and stones
- Publications and literature contrary to the political and social system.
Albanian Post does not accept ordinary and registered letters containing articles subject to customs duty.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Animal products
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Medicines, unless for a sick person or family member
- Plants and plant products
- Professional instruments
- Scientific or medical-purpose items
- Used items, unless a legacy or sent by a person intending to settle permanently in Albania
EDN's and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum-based products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits in all volumes