How to make a claim
If you need to make a home and/or contents insurance claim for any reason, just call our 24/7 claims team on 1300 885 996.
You can make a claim Monday to Friday, between 8am and 8pm (EST), and Saturday between 8am and 2pm (EST).
For your peace of mind, this phone number is also a 24/7 claims support line. So there will always be someone there to talk to.
Information to have on hand
You can make the claims process quicker and easier by collecting the following information before you call:
- Your policy number
- The details of the loss or damage: when it happened, and what happened
Tips for making a claim
In the process of making a claim, there are a few things we recommend that you do. These actions can help us to process your claim successfully and in full. For example, we ask that you:
- take care to prevent any further damage, loss or liability
- report any incident involving theft or malicious damage to the police as soon as possible
- give us the opportunity to inspect the damaged goods or property before you repair it or dispose of it
- send us any letters or emails you get that relate to your claim
You can find even more information in the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Australian Postal Corporation ABN 28 864 970 579 (AR No. 338646) "APC" is the distributor of Australia Post Gold Home and Contents Insurance and acts as an Authorised Representative of Australia Post Services Pty Ltd ABN 67 002 599 340 (AFSL No. 457551) "APS". Because APC or APS don't know your financial needs, we can't advise if this insurance will suit you. You should consider your needs and read the Financial Services Guide (FSG), Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), Key Facts Sheet (Home) and Key Facts Sheet (Contents) before making a decision to buy this insurance. Auto and General Services ABN 61 003 617 909 (AFSL 241411) "AGS" arranges the insurance on behalf of Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd ABN 42 111 5 86 353 (AFSL No. 285 571) "AGIC", the issuer of the policy. AGS pays APC a commission which is a percentage of your premium. Neither APC nor APS accept liability or guarantee payment of any claim or benefit in respect of the AGIC's products.