Australia Post Online ID Verification Service
Consent to disclose personal details
Australian Postal Corporation ABN (28 864 970 579) (Australia Post or we) respects your personal information and right to privacy.
Why and how we collect your information
To provide you with the product or service you're applying for, Australia Post needs to collect some of your personal information to verify your identity. Without this information, we cannot complete the verification online.
We'll only collect your information directly from you.
Using your information
Once your personal information has been checked against third party data sources, we'll let you know whether your identity has been successfully verified.
We'll store your personal information for audit purposes only.
Disclosing your information
We'll use your personal information to verify your identity. To do this, we may provide your information to third parties, including:
- government agencies,
- credit reporting agencies*, and
- other organisations involved in our electronic verification system.
The result of your identity verification may be disclosed to the product issuer.
- how to access or update your personal information that is held by us,
- how to complain about a privacy issue and how we will deal with such a complaint.
- * We will disclose your name, residential address and date of birth to credit reporting agencies. We ask those credit reporting agencies to provide an assessment of whether the personal identity information you've provided matches (in whole or in part) personal information held by the agency for the purpose of providing the assessment. The agency may provide us with the assessment and may use your personal identity information contained in your credit information files to make its assessment. The check will not affect your credit rating or eligibility for credit. If you don't want your details disclosed to a credit reporting agency, please complete your identity check in person.