Reduce your exposure to risk with our in-person identity checks
Our comprehensive identity (ID) checks and rigorous in-person application process can help reduce your organisation's exposure to identity fraud, bad debt and credit card risk. It will also decrease the number of errors being made on your application forms.
Why use Australia Post for your in-person ID checks?
- Experience - We've been performing identity checks for more than 22 years, including checks for financial service providers, passports, citizenship, working with children checks and driver licences.
- Customer convenience - We can perform identity checks on your behalf at more than 3,300 participating post offices around the country.
- Effectiveness - Our technology eliminates the need to handle photocopies or write down identity document details.
- Prompt data delivery - Transaction information is captured by our point-of-sale system and transferred to you overnight.
- Payment collection - We can collect payments on your behalf via cash, cheque, EFTPOS and credit card.
Type of ID checks available
100-Point identity check
Our 100-Point identity check is based on verification procedures outlined in the Financial Transaction Reports Act 1988, which requires applicants to produce original identification documents worth at least 100 points. It provides a list of primary and secondary documents that your customers can use for their 100-point identity check.
Anti Money Laundering (AML) identity check
If you belong to one of the regulated industries that fall under the Anti Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, we can help you meet your legal and regulatory obligations. Our flexible AML ID check complies with AML / CTF legislation and allows you to nominate your accepted document types and combinations.
Customised identity check
Our customised identity checks are designed to meet your specific legislative, industry or organisational requirements. You can specify the exact combination of documents you require and the types of data you need us to collect from your customers' documentation.
To find out more or get started, please contact your Australia Post Account Manager or call us on 13 11 18.
Don't have an account? Find out about the benefits of becoming an account customer with Australia Post.