20 January 2017
Australia Post is aware that there is a scam email currently circulating and we are working hard to address this as quickly as possible.
The email is sent from an address ending in *@gmx.com.
What you should do
If you receive these emails, please:
- Delete them ASAP
- Do not open any attachments
- Do not click on any links, or paste them in your browser
- Report any scam emails to Scam Watch or Stay Smart Online
Please also be aware that Australia Post will never:
- Email you to reconfirm your address by clicking a link
- Send you an email asking for your password, credit card details or account information
- Call or email you out of the blue to request payment