Our sustainability commitments
We're an active supporter of leading national and international sustainability initiatives, including:
- Australia Network on Disability (member since 2004)
- Australian Packaging Covenant (a signatory since 2002)
- Carbon Disclosure Project (since 2015)
- Catalyst (member since 2015)
- Diversity Council Australia (member since 2010)
- Earth Hour (supporter since 2007)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Network (EEON) (member since 2016)
- Global Reporting Initiative (reported in line since 2010)
- London Benchmarking Group (member since 2009)
- National Association of Women in Operations (NAWO) (since 2010)
- Reconciliation Australia - Reconciliation Action Plan program (member since 2011)
- Safety and Rehabilitation and Compensation Licensees Association (SRCLA) (President representation & member since 2009)
- Social Traders Connect (member since 2015)
- Supply Nation (member since 2010)
- United Nations Global Compact (signatory since 2010)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
Our sustainability awards
Some of our awards and achievements that represent our long-standing commitment to corporate responsibility include:
2016: Australian Packaging Covenant Award in recognition of our performance against our peers
2016: AHRI Indigenous Employment Award finalist
2016: Graeme Innes AM Award finalist for Disability Employment
2016: CommsCon Award finalist, 'Best government relations campaign - Your Post is Evolving'
2015: Banksia Large Business Sustainability Leadership award for environmental sustainability.
2015: Carbon Disclosure Project - awarded a 98B response score
2015: Property Council of Australia's Innovation and Excellence Awards 'Best Sustainable Development - Existing Buildings' for the Australia Post StarTrack House Sydney. The first refurbished building in Australia to receive triple 5 Start Green Star certification for Office Design, Office As Built and Office Interiors categories
2014: Ranked 10th in the Randstad Award for the most attractive employer in Australia.
2014: Awarded a 5 Star Green Star - Interiors certified rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) for our South Australian corporate headquarters
2014: National Disability Awards finalist for our disability-awareness film, Work Mate.
2014: Comcare Work Health and Safety awards winner - Category 4B 'An individual with responsibility for WHS as part of their duties'
2013: Australian Human Resources Institute Award for Workplace Relations in recognition of our strategy to deliver our first back-to-back enterprise agreement
2013: The Energy Efficiency Council and Energy Users Association of Australia awarded Australia Post the Leading Energy User Award 2013
2010: ACCSR recognition as the "most improved organisation" over a one-year timeframe
2009: Awarded Diversity@work's Overall National Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award in the large organisation category
2009: World Mail Awards' finalist, Corporate Social Responsibility category, for our adoption of an enterprise-wide strategy
2009: Scored above average in International Post Corporation's Environmental Management system survey
2007: New South Wales Violence Against Women Prevention Award for our work in the prevention of violence against women
2006: Together with Opera Australia, received the Australian Business Arts Foundation Qantaslink Regional Award, recognising our commitment to taking opera to thousands of people in regional Australia
1998: Awarded Banksia Award in the Government category for our environmental leadership
Australia Post representatives (from left to right) Susan Mizrahi, Head of Corporate Responsibility; Monique Halliday, Sustainability Implementation Lead; Michael Tenace, General Manager Procurement & Environment; Andrew Sellick, Head of Environmental Sustainability; Laz Cotsios, EGM Group Business Services; and Peter Shelley, Energy, Carbon & Fuel Lead at the Banksia Sustainability Awards 2015.