In May 2013, Australia Post proudly launched its community program - Our Neighbourhood.
Our Neighbourhood aims to build on our ongoing commitment to the community, beyond our business operations and our role as a large employer.
Central to Our Neighbourhood is the theme of "inclusion" and our belief that serving the Australian community is our reason for being - as it has been for over 200 years. The notion of community service is ingrained in the daily operations of our business.
Through Our Neighbourhood, Australia Post will help build healthier, more vibrant and more inclusive communities, through the following key areas of focus:
- providing all Australians with access to essential products and services - as well as the knowledge to use these services to connect in both the physical and digital world
- maintaining a diverse, inclusive workplace that values the contribution made by people from varying backgrounds and neighbourhoods across our nation
- investing in programs and activities that foster community spirit, connect communities and contribute to building a more inclusive Australia, and
- providing support to Australian communities in times of major crisis
Our Neighbourhood will come to life through our existing partnerships as well as a number of new initiatives such as grants, literacy programs, and new community products and services.
Our Neighbourhood National Community Partners
A key component of Our Neighbourhood has been the selection of the Our Neighbourhood National Community Partners. We have established strong and enduring relationships with 6 organisations who demonstrate leadership and have expertise in delivering community programs that build capability at both a national and local level.
The Our Neighbourhood National Community Partners are:
- Netball Australia
- The AFL
- The Pyjama Foundation
- Lifestyle Solutions
- Social Traders
Visit auspost.com.au/communitypartners to find out more.
Our Neighbourhood Community Grants
The Our Neighbourhood Community Grants program encourages community organisations to apply for funding of one-off cash payments of up to $10,000.
The Our Neighbourhood Community Grants program recognises the important role our smaller charities and community groups play in connecting people, and positively shaping our nation.
Projects will need to benefit the wider community, align with the key focus areas and primary audiences, and meet an immediate need of the community.
For more information:
- visit Our Neighbourhood Community Grants
- view our latest grant winners, or
- sign up to our newsletter for all the latest updates
Our Neighbourhood Trust
The Our Neighbourhood Trust is a public charitable fund that we set up to provide a way for our staff, our customers and the community to support those who need it most.
Donations made to the Trust are distributed back into local communities via the Our Neighbourhood Community Grants program.
Where does the money go?
We fund the Trust's operating expenses and a number of community grants. In the three years since the Trust started, thousands of applications have been received. Over 450 community projects have been funded since 2013.
In particular, the Trust supports the following key audiences:
- Socially disadvantaged
- Regional and remote communities
- Indigenous Australians
- Local communities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- People living with a disability
How you can help
You can donate via the Our Neighbourhood website
Donate through your bank
If you don't have access to a computer or smartphone to donate online, then you can deposit any amount you wish to the Our Neighbourhood Trust Account, banking details below:
- Account name: Our Neighbourhood Pty Ltd ATF Our Neighbourhood Trust
- Account number: 2000-15060328
- Bank Name: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Donate at the Post Office
Alternatively, you can donate via any Post Office. Just let the retail staff know that you want to make a donation to the Our Neighbourhood Trust, and give them the following information:
- Transaction code 'TC1038' (Our Neighbourhood Trust)
- Provide 'Donors name' (eg. customer name)
- Select 'Our Neighbourhood Trust - National' as the cause
If you work for us, you can donate through workplace giving
Our people can support the Our Neighbourhood Trust through our Workplace Giving Program or through our in-house workforce event 'Doing it Differently Day'
Visit the Our Neighbourhood website for more information on how the Trust is managed.
For general enquiries about the Trust, please contact us on 1300 765 772, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.