Birth, death & marriage certificates
The following links change the content below them.
NSW Birth, Death and Marriage certificates at Australia Post
You can apply for a standard (non-urgent) NSW Birth, Death or Marriage certificate at one of our selected post offices across NSW and other states.*
What we do
We can complete the following within our post offices:
- Accept your application
- Check your identity
- Process your payment
- Send your application to the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Securely deliver your certificate once your application is processed
Make an appointment
To book your interview, select your nearest outlet and 'make an appointment'.
* Please note: If your application is urgent, please apply directly through the NSW Registry for Births, Deaths & Marriages website.
Apply for a certificate
How to apply
To apply for a NSW Birth, Death or Marriage certificate, just follow these simple steps:
1. Complete your application form
Select and complete the relevant online application form below. Once you have filled in your form, print off a copy to take with you to your appointment.
|Application form||Original proof of identity documents required to lodge your application|
2. Choose a participating post office
Our Post Office Locator will help you find the nearest participating post office that can process your application.
3. Make an appointment
To make sure we're available to review your application, we recommend that you make an appointment at your chosen outlet.
You can make an appointment by:
- asking at any participating post office
- booking online using our Post Office Locator
- calling us on 13 POST (13 7678).
4. Attend your appointment and pay for your certificate
To help us process your application as quickly as possible, please make sure you've got your application form and all your identity documents ready before you arrive at your interview.
During your interview, we'll go through your application with you to make sure it's completed correctly. We'll also check that your proof of identity documents are valid and process your application fee.
When you come in for your appointment, we'll also ask you to pay the application fee.
Payment can be made by:
- MasterCard or Visa.
Please note: We are not able to accept personal, business or bank cheques.
Make an appointment
To make a booking, select your preferred outlet and 'make an appointment'