Online Shop Terms & Conditions
Before placing your order, please read through our terms and conditions. Your placement of an order shows your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. StockWe endeavour to ensure that only accurate and up to date information is placed online. In the event that incorrect information is included in the Australia Post Online Shop, we will place a correction on the Australia Post Online Shop content area.
Australia Post aims to include the complete range of products publicised through the Australian Stamp Bulletin in the Australia Post Online Shop.
2. Intellectual property
The materials displayed on this website, including all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustration, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks, are the property of Australia Post and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for your personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without the prior written consent of Australia Post. Australia Post does not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, its intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the website or in the user interface of the website.
Care has been taken to ensure that the products and descriptions of them on this site are accurate. We do not, however, promise or represent that it is accurate or free from errors or omissions and we reserve the right to make any necessary corrections. You should enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material you seek to rely upon.
4. Unacceptable orders
Australia Post reserves the right to reject an order if, in its sole opinion, it is unacceptable.
5. Disclaimer of warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law (most importantly the Australian Consumer Law):
- Australia Post disclaims all warranties with regard to the information and applications contained on the website and your use of the website, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness;
- Australia Post, its contractors, agents, or employees disclaim liability for any damages whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website whether in contract, at common law or in equity, or on any other basis.
- If Australia Post becomes liable for any breach of any such condition or warranty, Australia Post's liability shall be limited at its option, to any one or more of the following:
- In the case of goods: replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; repair of the goods; payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring goods; or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- In the case of services: to either supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
6. Security information
At the time that you place your order and are asked to supply personal information you enter a secure environment. From that time, the link between your Web browser and the Australia Post Shop will be protected using a security certificate. This will be indicated by the appearance of a padlock on your browser.
You should note that credit card numbers will not be stored on the web site and will never be made publicly available. All information concerning your order is encrypted and can only be viewed by members of the Australia Post Online Shop team with authorised access to that information. As noted your credit card details are not visible to the members of the Australia Post Online Shop team.
7. Stock availability
Australia Post will endeavour to supply all items publicised in the Australia Post Shop. Similarly, products will be removed from the Australia Post Shop as soon as Australia Post becomes aware that those items are unavailable. However, there may be unavoidable occasions when:
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled immediately, or
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all.
Where part of an order cannot be fulfilled immediately, the part that can be supplied will be dispatched as soon as possible.
Where part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all you will be advised as soon as possible by email, telephone or fax.
All products with a limited sales period which are displayed in the Australia Post Shop will have the withdrawal date clearly shown.
However, where a product which does not have a specified sales period becomes unavailable due to unexpected or high demand, and that item is ordered by you before Australia Post has withdrawn that item from the Australia Post Shop, Australia Post will not be held responsible for inability to complete that order. In this instance, you will be advised ASAP by email or telephone.
8. Changes to availability dates for philatelic items only
On rare occasions, there is an unavoidable need to change either an issue or withdrawal date. When this occurs, you will be advised either by email, by mail, or via the next Australian Stamp Bulletin, depending upon which contact details you have provided for the Australian Philatelic Bureau.
9. Delivery standards
Australia Post will endeavour to dispatch all orders within 1-2 working days of receiving the order and endeavour to deliver all orders within 3-7 business days from receipt of order. Please note:
- Stamp issues will NOT be dispatched prior to the actual issue date.
- Load & Go and Load & Go China cards may take up to 10 business days from the date of online purchase to arrive at the nominated delivery address.
- Items may be delivered to you individually and/or separately where they are fulfilled from different locations or directly from an Australia Post supplier.
The Australia Post Terms and Conditions apply to the carriage of articles by Australia Post http://auspost.com.au/general-terms-conditions.html
10. Incorrect details supplied
Please note that acceptance of your order implies that we will fulfil your order within the time specified in the Delivery Standards. The following situations are exceptions:
- If and when incorrect payment details, including credit card details, are supplied;
- Where correct credit card details are supplied but funds are not approved.
- Where fraudulent activity is suspected / identified
- Where cleared funds through your nominated payment method have not been received
In the event that you supply incorrect payment and delivery details, Australia Post will take all reasonable steps to contact you using the personal details that you have provided. In the event that your supplied contact details are incorrect, however, Australia Post will not be held responsible for not fulfilling your order, nor for being unable to advise you that this is the case.
All products sold by Australia Post must be:
- fit for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied
- acceptable in appearance and finish
- free from defects
You can return an item to us if:
- it's faulty
- it's incorrectly described
- it's different from a sample shown
- it doesn't do what we said it would do
- it's not of an acceptable quality
If the product is unsafe, can't be fixed within a reasonable time, or you simply would not have bought it given the nature of the defect, we'll offer you an exchange, repair or refund.
To ask for an exchange, repair or refund, you'll need to prove that you purchased the product via the Australia Post Online Shop. If you can't provide an order confirmation, another form of proof of purchase will be required.
If the product is assessed to be faulty or unfit for its intended purpose, refunds will be issued using the same method as your original payment.
For mobile phone products;
Once proof of purchase has been located, please contact 13 POST (137 678) who will facilitate the assessment of the fault. If the product is assessed to be faulty an exchange, repair of refund will be provided. If no fault is found, it will be returned to you.
For Philatelic products;
Please return your item with your name, order confirmation number and the reason for your return.
For all other Online Shop product, please return your item with your name, order confirmation number and the reason for your return within 60 days from the date of purchase.
Order number: 00001234
Faulty- not turning on.
12. Change of mind returns
60 day change of mind returns are offered on a limited range of products only.
- Philatelic products- stamp and coin collectables
- Postage items (Express Post satchels, Parcel Post satchels, postage stamps, Registered Post excluding packaging)
Please return the product within 60 days from the date of purchase and you will receive a full refund. The product must be in its original condition and unopened.
We do not offer change of mind refunds and returns on the below products as they cannot be resold.
- Mobile Phones
- Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Card
- Load&Go China Card
- eBay Flat Rate Satchels
- Gift cards
- Classic Collection
- Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM (NANO and COMBO)
- Personalised stamps
- Packaging - no change of mind returns are available for these products as they cannot be resold. However, if you receive a damaged product or part of your order is missing, Australia Post will replace the damaged or missing quantity free of charge.
13. Minimum and maximum order value
There is no minimum value for Australia Post Online Shop orders. The maximum order value is AUD $5,000.
14. Goods and services tax
All prices are inclusive of Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) where applicable. Australia Post will issue a compliant tax invoice where appropriate.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. In the event of a dispute you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria and the Federal Court of Australia
The Australia Post Website may contain links to other websites operated, controlled or produced by third parties. Unless otherwise indicated, Australia Post does not control, endorse, sponsor or approve any such third party websites or their content nor does Australia Post provide any warranty or take any responsibility whatsoever for any aspect of those websites or their content.
17. Links to Australia Post website
If you wish to establish a link to this website, you must first seek approval from Australia Post. To seek approval, please contact your account manager. If you don't have one or are unsure, please email Australia Post's brand team.
The following information will be required to assess your request:
- the URL of the website that you seek to establish a link from
- a brief description of your website
- the reason that you wish to establish a link.
If Australia Post agrees to your proposed link, you must comply with any terms and conditions imposed by Australia Post as a condition of such agreement. If the nature and/or content of your website changes in any significant way, you must contact Australia Post and provide a new description of your website.
18. Personalised Stamps terms and conditions
Below are the terms and conditions that you agree to be bound by when using Personalised Stamp service. Please read them carefully before submitting your order. All order forms submitted in person at a retail outlet must be signed by you before an order will be processed.
- You warrant that you will only submit a photo that you own copyright in, or have the copyright owner's permission to reproduce. (Permission may be given by a parent or guardian on behalf of an infant.) Australia Post reserves the right to ask you to prove that you have the right to copy the photo and that permission has been obtained from persons featured in the photo or that you have the right to use any images or logos in the photo. If you are unable to prove any of the above upon request, Australia Post may refuse to copy the photo. In such instances, Australia Post will promptly return your photo and payment will be refunded.
- If your photo contains any non-English words you must provide a written translation with your order.
- Any copyright in the Personalised StampsTM images vests in Australia Post. A person cannot reproduce or authorise the reproduction of the Personalised StampsTM images without Australia Post's prior written approval.
- Australia Post reserves the right not to print your photo image on the tab, if in its opinion this image is unacceptable, or Australia Post suspects that the copying of the photo will infringe copyright or may otherwise infringe any other law. In such instances, Australia Post will promptly return your photo and payment will be refunded.
- You agree to indemnify Australia Post against any claim, damages or expenses Australia Post suffers in connection with the use of your photo, including any infringement of another person's intellectual property rights or unauthorised use of any image of any other person or property.
- You may use the Personalised StampsTM to pay postage on a postal article posted in Australia. Each of the Personalised StampsTM used to pay postage will be postmarked.
- Variations in colour, image quality and position may occur in the finished product. You acknowledge that the finished photo image is dependent on the quality of the photo submitted. To the extent permitted by law, Australia Post will not refund or replace an order if the Personalised StampsTM are of poor quality as a result of the quality of the photo you submitted.
- Stamps designs are subject to change without notice. Prices may be varied at any time at Australia Post's discretion. The 55 cent rate is a seasonal rate and only valid for postage between 1 November and 31 December annually. Normal postage rates apply outside this period.
- While every endeavour will be made to ensure that the Personalised StampsTM will be produced and dispatched within 10 days from mailing of your order, delivery delays may be experienced. If you wish to use the Personalised StampsTM for a special event, you should ensure that the order is placed early enough to allow sufficient time for the order to be fulfilled to meet the date of your event.
- The Australia Post Terms and Conditions apply to the carriage of articles by Australia Post http://auspost.com.au/general-terms-conditions.html
- If you have a complaint concerning the finished Personalised StampsTM you should ring 1800 782 677. Please see the 'Refund Policy' and 'Change of mind returns' clauses above if you have an issue with the Personalised Stamps you receive.
19. Gift card terms and conditions
Please read gift card terms and conditions carefully before purchasing. Please take notice of any expiry date applicable to the card. Gift cards are not normally redeemable for cash. Trademarks on any cards shown are the property of the owners, used with their permission.
1800 331 794
Within Australia (freecall)
+61 3 9887 0033
Postal address (within Australia)
Australian Philatelic Bureau
Postal address (outside Australia)
Australian Philatelic Bureau
Mobile Phone orders
13 POST (137 678)
Within Australia (free call)
Mobile Phone orders
+61 3 8847 9045