Registered Post letters
Sending something important? Registered Post gives you extra peace of mind with a signature on delivery.
Make sure it arrives in safe hands
With Registered Post you get:
- Proof of posting (when lodged over the counter at a Post Office)
- Proof of receipt, with a signature on delivery and online tracking#
- Compensation for loss or damage - up to $100 included (for higher coverage, add Extra Cover^)
- A discount when you buy envelopes in bulk or a roll of 50 labels
Registered Post prices
|Letter type*||Max. size||Price
Small prepaid DL envelope
|130 x 240mm||
$45.60 (1 pack)
|Large prepaid B4 envelope||353 x 250mm||$6.50||
$61.75 (1 pack)
|Registered Post letter labels (postage not included)||Roll of 50||N/A||$160 ($3.20 each)
Maximum weight = 500g
Maximum thickness = 20mm
|Delivery confirmation: we'll return a card to you with the recipient's signature||$2.70|
|Person-to-person delivery†: your item will only be delivered to the addressed recipient (Australian deliveries only)||$6.25|
|Extra Cover of up to $5,000 (Australian deliveries only)||$1.50 per $100, or part thereof, in excess of $100 and up to $5,000|
Buy Registered Post envelopes and labels
$160 (box of 50)
Want to get it there faster? Registered Post letters are delivered in 2-6 business days. Add a Priority label to your envelope for an extra 50c, for delivery in 1-4 business days.
How to post your letter
- Complete the lodgement receipt on the back of your prepaid Registered Post envelope (if you're using prepaid labels instead, complete a lodgement document for single or multiple letters)
- Lodge your envelope at a Post Office
- Keep the postmarked receipt or lodgement document, and tax invoice as 'proof of posting' if you need to make an enquiry later
Sending bulk Registered Post items
If you have a business where you need to post multiple Registered Post letters, using Registered Post Imprint could save you time and money. For more details, please ask your Australia Post Account Manager or contact the team at RPImprint@auspost.com.au.
Frequently Asked Questions
# Please note that tracking may be limited in some remote and regional areas.
^ Extra Cover provides you with cover for the specified value of your item (up to $5,000 or part thereof) if your item is lost or damaged while being carried by Australia Post. Additional charges apply. Visit optional extras domestic for more information.
† Person-to-person article will be delivered to the addressee, except where:
- the addressee is a minor (it will be delivered to a parent or guardian)
- the addressee has given us prior written authority requesting delivery to a nominated person
- it is impractical for us to deliver to the addressee (this is at Australia Post's discretion)
* Rigid or inflexible items such keys, pens, USBs or CDs should never be sent in a regular paper envelope as they could easily be damaged by our sorting equipment or torn from the envelope and lost. Items like these should always be packaged correctly and sent as a parcel. View our packaging hints and tips and domestic parcels.