Mail for the blind
Special delivery for the vision-impaired
We will deliver certain letters or parcels (up to 7kg) that aid the blind free of charge. Items on the list below are eligible for the concessional rate.
- Correspondence, documents or literature written in completely in embossed characters as used by the blind, such as Braille or Moon
- Aids for the teaching of Braille
- Plates for embossing literature for the blind
- Special paper intended solely for the blind, on the condition that any communication on the paper is wholly in Braille or Moon
- Any form of speech recording for use by the blind.
- The sender and/or the recipient must be a blind person, or
- The sender and/or the recipient must be an organisation we recognise as serving the needs of blind people
Send your items in 3 easy steps
- Check the eligibility criteria of your parcel.
- Make sure the delivery or return address is written on the outside of your package.
- Attach an "Articles for the Blind" label (available at Australia Post retail outlets), or write the words "Materials for the Use of the Blind" on the parcel