Express Post guarantee
Our next business day guarantee
We guarantee next business day delivery if you post your item within our Express Post network on a business day (Monday to Friday) and meet the Express Post service conditions.*
Express Post service conditions Click to expand Click to collapse
To ensure your item is delivered next business day, make sure:
- it's addressed correctly, and according to the checklist on the back of your Express Post envelope or satchel
- the Aviation Security and Dangerous Goods declaration is signed
- it meets any specific conditions for your chosen service standard, such as weight restrictions
- it is lodged by the required time at any Post Office, or in any Express Post yellow street posting box
The next guaranteed day of delivery for Express Post items posted before closing time on the business day before a public holiday will be the next business day after a public holiday. This applies for all items sent to and from locations within the national, state and Saturday Delivery Express Post networks.
Please note: If you post your Express Post item in a red street posting box, it will delay delivery and void the Next Business Day Guarantee.
Express Post Saturday delivery service conditions Click to expand Click to collapse
To ensure your parcels is delivered on a Saturday, you must:
- Use the Express Post Parcel service - Saturday deliveries are not available for the Express Post Letter service
- Address your parcel to a household, business, Parcel Locker or Parcel Collect (Post Office) location within the defined Saturday delivery network (Note: the Express Post Saturday delivery service is not available for PO Boxes, GPO Boxes or Locked Bag addresses, and not all Parcel Lockers and Parcel Collect locations are accessible on a Saturday)
- Clearly label your parcel with a Saturday Delivery indicator sticker on the front of the parcel near, but not obscuring the postage label or barcode
- Lodge your parcel by the required time on a Friday at participating Post Offices, or in an Express Post yellow street posting box, within the defined Saturday delivery network (Note - If you post your Express Post parcel in a red street posting box, it will delay delivery and void the Saturday delivery guarantee)
And as with any Express Post parcel, you must:
- Address your parcel correctly, and according to the checklist on the back of your Express Post satchel or Express Post label (where applicable)
- Ensure the Aviation Security and Dangerous Goods declaration is signed
- Ensure the parcel meets any specific conditions for your chosen service standard, such as weight restrictions
What if my Express Post item is not delivered as promised? Click to expand Click to collapse
If your Express Post envelope or satchel isn't delivered as promised, we'll replace your envelope or satchel with the equivalent envelope or satchel.
If your Express Post parcel isn't delivered as promised, we'll refund the cost of posting
Dangerous goods Click to expand Click to collapse
You can't send dangerous goods by Express Post or Express Post Platinum. These are goods classified by the Civil Aviation Authority as dangerous, and include:
- flammable materials
- radioactive materials
- aerosols, and
- lithium batteries.
You must sign the Aviation Security and Dangerous Goods declaration on the front of your Express Post satchel or parcel, otherwise it may be returned to you for your signature or forwarded by road.
Sending valuable items?
You can purchase Extra Cover to the value specified for your item (up to $5,000).
See Australia Post Terms & Conditions for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
* eParcel is not covered in the Express Post Guarantee
Track your item
If your parcel has tracking capabilities, you may be able to check its progress online.Track item