Express Post guarantee
Our next business day guarantee
We guarantee next business day delivery if you post your item within our Express Post network on a business day (Monday to Friday) and meet the Express Post service conditions.*
Express Post service conditions
To ensure your item is delivered next business day, make sure:
- it's addressed correctly, and according to the checklist on the back of your Express Post envelope or satchel
- the Aviation Security and Dangerous Goods declaration is signed
- it meets any specific conditions for your chosen service standard, such as weight restrictions
- it is lodged by the required time at any Australia Post retail outlet, or in any Express Post yellow street posting box
Please note: If you post your Express Post item in a red street posting box, it will delay delivery and void the Next Business Day Guarantee.
What if my Express Post item is not delivered as promised?
- If your Express Post envelope or satchel isn't delivered as promised, we'll replace your envelope or satchel with the equivalent envelope or satchel
- If your Express Post parcel isn't delivered as promised, we'll refund the cost of posting
You can't send dangerous goods by Express Post or Express Post Platinum. These are goods classified by the Civil Aviation Authority as dangerous, and include:
- flammable materials
- radioactive materials
- aerosols, and
- lithium batteries.
You must sign the Aviation Security and Dangerous Goods declaration on the front of your Express Post satchel or parcel, otherwise it may be returned to you for your signature or forwarded by road.
Sending valuable items?
You can purchase Extra Cover to the value specified for your item (up to $5,000).
See Australia Post Terms & Conditions for more details.
* eParcel is not covered in the Express Post Guarantee
Track your item
If your parcel has tracking capabilities, you may be able to check its progress online.Track item