Manage your policy details
It's easy to keep your details up-to-date
You need to tell the insurer immediately if there are any changes to your details. These might include your car's drivers, usage, ownership, or the place it's usually kept. You also need to tell us before making any modifications to your car, and get our written agreement.
If your car insurance policy isn't updated, the insurer may reduce or refuse to pay a claim.
Call 1300 858 747 to update your details.
Updating your personal details
It's easy for you to update your address or bank account details because you don't need to fill out any forms. Simply call the Client Services Department on 1300 858 747 and provide the details you want to update.
Change of address
The insurer will need to know your new address (and phone number, if that changes too) and where the car will be parked at night. This may affect your premium.
Change bank details
If you're paying by credit card, provide your new card number and expiry date. If you're paying by direct debit, provide your new BSB and account number. Make sure you allow time for the change to be made before your next premium is deducted.
You can make these changes by calling 1300 858 747.
Changing your car
When you permanently replace your car with a similar one, cover for the previous car ends at the same time. Your replacement car automatically has the same cover as your existing policy for 14 days from the purchase date, but not exceeding the market value or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
Call 1300 858 747 with the details of the car you want to insure and we'll guide you through the quick and easy process.
You can also add an additional car - just contact the Client Services Department on 1300 858 747 for a quote.
Adding a new driver
If anyone else drives your car, they need to have their name on your car insurance policy for it to be valid. Adding an extra driver is easy - just call 1300 858 747 and provide the following details:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- If they own another car
- Licence details
- Any motor insurance claims they've made in the last 5 years
- Any car accidents or losses where no claim was made in the last 5 years
- If an insurance company has cancelled or refused to renew their insurance in the last 5 years
- If they've had any alcohol or drug-related driving charges, or dangerous driving charges made against them in the last 3 years
- If they've reached the maximum demerit points on their licence in the last 3 years
- If they've been under a licence suspension, cancellation or restriction in the last 5 years
- If they've been convicted of a criminal offence. Visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website for a list of the offences you don't need to advise third parties about. You can also refer to the Federal Privacy Commissioner's Guidelines on Spent Convictions information.
Please note: Adding a new driver may change your premium.
* This online discount offer only applies to the premium paid for a new Gold Comprehensive car insurance policy initiated on or after 26 March 2015, and purchased online. The discount is taken from the premium that you would pay for a Gold Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance policy when a quote is obtained over the phone. Base rate premiums are subject to change. It does not apply to any renewal offer of insurance or fees (as outlined in the Financial Services Guide (FSG) (316kb)). You will be responsible for all applicable GST and other statutory charges. We reserve the right to shorten or extend the period the discount is offered and vary the amount of the discount.
Australian Postal Corporation ABN 28 864 970 579 (AR No. 338646) "APC" is the distributor of Australia Post Comprehensive Car Insurance and acts as an Authorised Representative of Australia Post Services Pty Ltd ABN 67 002 599 340 (AFSL No. 457551) "APS". Because APC or APS don't know your financial needs, we can't advise if this insurance will suit you. You should consider your needs and read the FSG and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision to buy this insurance. Auto and General Services ABN 61 003 617 909 (AFSL 241411) "AGS" arranges the insurance on behalf of Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd ABN 42 111 5 86 353 (AFSL No. 285 571) "AGIC", the issuer of the policy. AGS pays APC a commission which is a percentage of your premium. Neither APC nor APS accept liability or guarantee payment of any claim or benefit in respect of the AGIC's products.
Get a quote
Find a car insurance policy that meets your personal needs.Get a 25% discount* if you buy our Gold Comprehensive policy online!Get a quote
Retrieve a quote
Commenced a quote and want to revisit it?Retrieve quote
Get a quote
1800 22 00 44
1300 858 747
Make a claim
1300 885 996