The following links change the content below them.
We'll help you organise foreign cash before you go, so you'll have it ready when you land - and at $0 commission*.
Foreign cash is available in the following currencies:
- $0 commission* on foreign cash purchases
- Lock in exchange rates at time of purchase
- Have local currency on hand when cards and travellers cheques aren't accepted
- Have payment ready for food, taxis and more when you arrive at your destination
* Exchange rates may include a service charge. Financial institution fees and limits apply. Please visit American Express for more information.
How to order foreign cash
It's easy to order your foreign cash. Just follow these simple steps:
- Choose your currency
- Check the exchange rate
- Order your foreign cash online or in-store
- Collect your foreign cash from your chosen outlet#. Don't forget to bring your purchase receipt and photo ID with you.
You can order foreign cash from over 3,200 participating Australia Post retail outlets and pay with cash or EFTPOS^ (cheque or savings accounts only).
You can order your foreign cash online through American Express^ and pay over the phone or online using BPAY®.
The following limits apply and are on a per transaction basis. You can place multiple orders at one time.
# If ordered in-store, you must collect at the same Australia Post retail outlet. Outside metropolitan areas may take longer.
^ Financial institution fees and limits may apply so please check with your financial institution.
* If you click on links to American Express, you will leave the Australia Post site and be directed to a third party site to place your order and complete your purchase. Please see the terms and conditions of the third-party site for further details.
Collecting your foreign cash
If you order by midday (AEST) at an Australia Post retail outlet, your foreign cash will be ready for collection by 4pm the next business day* in metro areas (regional areas may take 2 days).
If you order online, you should allow 3-4 business days for collection from your nominated retail outlet.
We'll confirm the collection date when you place your order.
Proof of ID requirements
The only person who can collect your order is you. The ID you will need to bring with you is outlined below. We'll give you a sealed envelope containing your foreign cash, and we recommend you check the contents carefully before you leave the Australia Post retail outlet.
ID requirements for orders worth less than A$2,000 Click to expand Click to collapse
You'll need to show 1 valid form of government-issued photo ID that shows your signature (such as your driver's licence or passport) when you collect your order.
ID requirements for orders worth more than A$2,000 Click to expand Click to collapse
You'll need to show 2 forms of ID when collecting your order:
- One primary ID that is government-issued with a photo and signature (e.g. driver's licence or passport) AND
- One secondary ID with a signature (e.g. credit card)
* If ordered in-store, you must collect at the same Australia Post retail outlet. Outside metropolitan areas may take longer.
Support & FAQs
For all general enquiries, please call 13POST (13 7678).