Addressing your envelope
It is very important to address an envelope correctly. Here's how to do it ...
Front of envelope
- Name of the person to whom you are sending your letter
- Street address (or post office box number)
- Suburb and state / territory in CAPITAL letters
- Place the postage stamp here
Back of envelope
- Your name
- Your street address (or post office box number)
- Your suburb and state / territory (in CAPITAL letters)
- Your postcode
An important tip
It is important to remember that you should not decorate the outside of your envelope. Decorating your envelope can cause it to become stuck when it goes into the sorting machine. This could mean your letter takes longer to be delivered, or worse you could break the sorting machine.