Transit Cover for loss and damage
Sending valuable or important items to your customers? Protect them with Transit Cover for peace of mind from the moment your goods are in our hands.
If you're using our eParcel system, you can add cover to selected parcels or save time and money by protecting everything you send*.
It's affordable cover, tailored to your business.
- Peace of mind - If your goods happen to be lost or damaged while they're in our care, you won't be out of pocket
- Discounted 'always-on' cover option - Ideal for wine merchants and online retailers shipping items like toys, electronics and cosmetics
- Easy to use - Add cover to selected items in your next eParcel consignment, or set and forget with always-on cover
- Fast, hassle-free claims - Improved process lets you track the status of your claim
Covering everything you send
Want blanket coverage at a discounted rate? Call your eParcel account manager on 13 11 18 to set up your always-on cover.
Covering selected items
Don't need cover for every parcel? Just enter the cover amount on specific items under 'Article Information' in eParcel.
New to eParcel? Call us on 13 11 18 and we'll take it from there.
Simple, set-fee pricing
Our fees are based on the value of your parcel, with a set fee charged per $100 value (or part thereof).
You can save up to 50% by choosing our always-on cover.
To keep it simple, we'll charge fees automatically to your eParcel account.
* Cover is available for parcels valued up to $5,000. There is no cover for valuables which contain cash, gold, jewellery, precious stones or negotiable securities, any other substance or thing the carriage of which is prohibited by Law or under the Australia Post Terms and Conditions.
Packaging of goods must be adequate to withstand the rigours of road transport and bulk handling, otherwise claims for damage will not be accepted.
Claims can only be made for the replacement value of the goods not for consequential loss due to damage, delayed delivery or loss. Claims can only be made by the sender. Addressees cannot claim.
Payment of any compensation is via a credit to the customer's account.