August 2013 Consumer Survey Mail Findings31 August 2013
Each quarter, 1,000 Australians are surveyed online regarding their attitudes towards mail. This quarter's report focuses on consumer preferences of transactional communications including how they currently receive this type of mail, how they would prefer to receive this type of mail and attitudes towards transactional communications.
In the report:
- Utilities, rates and insurance bills are still predominately received via the mail.
- Consumer preference for receiving bills & statements by mail has risen over the last 12 months.
- One in five people receiving insurance and electricity bills by mail notice advertising on these pieces.
- Mail helps people to pay their bills on time.
- Consumers demand choice when it comes to their method of receiving bills & statements.
- Customer satisfaction is highest when given the choice of how to receive bills & statements.