Custom Magazine Research Findings30 April 2012
This research report examines attitudes towards custom magazines, which are magazines published by companies for their customers or members.
These findings are based on Australia Post Consumer Survey Mail Findings, April 2012 (1,000 online respondents), and Publishers Australia Custom Magazine Effectiveness Report, November 2011 (975 phone and online respondents).
- Regardless of age, over 60 per cent of respondents prefer to receive a custom magazine by mail.
- Among custom magazine recipients, 95 per cent recalled receiving it and 81 per cent had read their magazine in the last two months.
- Almost three quarters read the magazine immediately, with 88 per cent reading their magazine up to five times.
- People spent an average of 40 minutes reading their magazine.
- An average of 2.3 people read a copy of the magazine.
- Nearly 80 per cent of recipients recommended the magazine to a friend or colleague.
- While over nine in 10 respondents know a custom magazine is a marketing tool, 64 per cent talked to someone about the brand's product or service and 54 per cent visited the company's website.