New email scam alert10 October 2016
We're aware that there are currently multiple scam emails circulating that refer to our business and we're working to stop them as quickly as possible.
POLi payments / ATO refund scam email
An ATO 'refund' scam email asks individuals to click on a link in the email, which directs them to a fake POLi payments website (POLi payments is a business of Australia Post). This website then asks for personal banking details to process the supposed refund.
This is a scam.
- DO NOT click on the link or paste it into your browser
- Delete the email immediately
Sample scam email
What you should do
If you receive these emails, please:
- Delete them ASAP
- Do not open any attachments
- Do not click on any links, or paste them in your browser
- Report any scam emails to Scam Watch or Stay Smart Online
Please also be aware that Australia Post will never:
- Send you an email asking you to click on an attachment
- Email you to reconfirm your address by clicking a link
- Send you an email asking for your password, credit card details or account information
- Call or email you out of the blue to request payment