Retail customer service jobs
You're part of a big team at Australia Post - a team that provides customers with a wide range of products and services that meet their needs and thrive on finding solutions for customers - that's why they keep coming back.
We are committed to offering customers greater access, convenience and choice through our stores and we work together to consistently deliver an exceptional service to our customers.
You're committed, professional, helpful and genuine. You like being busy and working in a safe, high performing environment - that's why you'll love being part of our fast-paced retail business.
You'll be involved in a range of areas from completing transactions and providing solutions for customers, through to implementing merchandising activities.
You've got plenty of experience in a retail environment and you work well within a team. In fact, you love working in a team almost as much as you love to help customers! Attention to detail and an approachable personality are also important. We'll provide the training to get you up to speed - you provide the enthusiasm and attitude.
Delivering great service to our customers is vital at Australia Post. You'll be proud of the contribution you make to enhance our reputation and will enjoy providing our customers with retail solutions that make a difference.
What are the responsibilities of a Customer Service Officer?
- Perform customer sales and service transactions.
- Maintain a cash advance accurately which includes handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards and EFTPOS.
- Promote and process a broad range of financial agency transactions through Australia Post's technology systems.
- Conduct and process a range of identity services transactions (eg Australian Passport Interviews) to establish applicant's identity with a high level of accuracy and compliance according to requirements.
- Promote product and services through up selling and cross-selling, merchandising and other promotional activities.
- Accept mail items for lodgement, with accurate assessment of applicable charges.
- Build collaborative relationships with customers, seek to understand the needs of customers.
- Prepare outward mail for despatch through correct presentation, review of charging related documents, and cancellation of stamps.
- Assist and/or perform administrative duties such as stocktaking and record maintenance.
- Appropriate knowledge and awareness of Occupational Health and Safety relevant to the position.
What are the requirements of a Customer Services Officer?
- Must be able to lift up to 16kg of mail on a repetitive basis.
- Be able to stand for the duration of your shift.
- Be flexible for additional hours, changing shift times and changing locations.
- Be customer focused and be able to work collaboratively with your team to deliver solutions.
- Be fast and efficient.
All permanent full time and part time positions at Australia Post are subject to a three month probationary period during which time you will be required to meet specific performance standards
What is the workplace like?
- Our outlets vary from traditional post offices to large full service stores.
- Our Retail network consist of 4,400-plus outlets and is the largest retail network in Australia.
- With our solid reputation and trusted brand, our retail outlets are at the heart of every community and we are a trusted provider of business and government services.
- We are focussed on delivering a market leading customer experience.
- Australia Post continues to serve up to one million customers every day.