Our recruitment process
The following links change the content below them.
Stages of recruitment
Our diverse workforce contains people who thrive on working in an interesting and ever-changing environment.
As an Australia Post employee, you'll be involved in meaningful and interesting work across our business teams. You'll gain exposure to a variety of projects and will have the opportunity to develop critical skills that will make you a true business all-rounder.
For full details on how to apply for a job in our eRecruitment system, refer to how to apply for a job - a guide for candidates (455kb).
The Australia Post recruitment process is broken up into five main stages. Some or all of these stages may be required depending on the role you've applied for.
1. Application process Click to expand Click to collapse
Our online e-Recruitment system makes it easy to search and apply for a job. You can also register an expression of interest for future vacancies.
Tips & hints
- Cover Letter - attach a cover letter to summarise your skills and experiences. The purpose of this is to demonstrate why you are the perfect candidate for the role
- Resume - ensure your resume is current and all your contact details are correct. Your resume should highlight your professional and educational background as well as experiences relevant to the role.
2. Interview stage Click to expand Click to collapse
Due to the vast number of applications received by Australia Post, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tips & hints
- Phone interview - depending on the role you've applied for, a telephone interview may be required. This usually takes between 10 and 15 minutes. The telephone interview will also give you an opportunity to ask questions about the role.
- Face to face interview - this is an opportunity for us to get to know you, and for you to find out more about the job. Australia Post conducts behavioural based interviews that are designed to focus on specific competencies required in order to be successful in the position. When responding to behavioural based questions, it's best to follow the STAR technique - ie. What is the Situation or Task, what Actions did you take, and what were the Results?
Prepare for your interview by thinking of relevant past situations where you've solved problems or achieved success at school, work or when undertaking volunteer activities.
3. Pre-employment checks Click to expand Click to collapse
Australia Post requires all prospective employees to successfully pass a number of pre-employment checks prior to an offer of employment being made.
The pre-employment checks may include a police check, a medical assessment, a work rights check and reference checks.
Further information regarding these checks will be provided throughout the recruitment process.
4. Assessment stage Click to expand Click to collapse
Certain roles may require an assessment to be completed. Some of the assessments can include psychometric testing, driving and rider assessments and online testing.
If this is a requirement for the role you've applied for, our Recruitment Representative will advise you accordingly.
Frequently asked questions
Support & FAQs
Browser issues Click to expand Click to collapse
I'm getting error messages on my browser / My browser is not compatible with my system
Unfortunately not all web browsers are compatible with the SAP eRecruitment system. If your browser is not compatible, an error message displays.
You'll need to use any of the following browsers in order to register your interest in a position:
- Windows XP: Microsoft IE6 - IE8, Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 9.0 & 10.0
- Windows Vista: Microsoft IE6 - IE9, Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 9.0 & 10.0
- Windows 7: Microsoft IE6 - IE9, Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 9.0 & 10.0
- MacOS (Lower than 10.5): Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 9.0 & 10.0
- MacOS 10.5& 10.6: Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 9.0 & 10.0, Apple Safari 4.0 & 5.0
- Linux: Mozilla Firefox 3.6 & 10.0
When I try and open a new page, I keep receiving pop up blockers on my browser.
You need to disable off the pop-up blocker. In your web browser, go to the Tools & Settings option and either select 'Turn off pop-up blocker' or 'Pop-up blocker settings'.
When I'm entering details, the system keeps timing out.
If you're on the same page for 15 minutes or longer, the system will time out. Click on the 'refresh' icon in your browser to go back to the Login page.
I keep receiving system errors.
You may need to clear your cached (stored) internet files. Go to the 'Clear temporary internet files' option on your browser.
I'm unable access my application on a tablet or smart phone.
At this stage, the recruitment system is not accessible through smart phones or tablet devices.
Logging in Click to expand Click to collapse
What is my username?
Your username is the email address that you used to register on the eRecruitment system.
My email address is already in use.
This means your email address already exists in our eRecruitment system.
To find out what your login details are, go to the Login page and click on 'forgotten password'. Then follow the prompts.
How do I reset my password?
Go to the Login page, click on 'Password forgotten' and enter in your username (which is your email address). Click 'Request Password'. Your password will be sent to your email address.
How do I change my password?
Go to the Login page and enter in your username (which is your email address). Click 'Change Password' and follow the prompts.
My application Click to expand Click to collapse
How do I update my personal details?
Once logged in to your profile, click on the first option "Personal Data". From this screen you can update/edit your personal details including: name, address, and contact details.
I am unable to complete my application online.
If you're unable to process your application, this may be due to a mandatory field not being filled in.
An asterisk * means the field is mandatory. Please ensure you complete all mandatory fields listed in the eRecruitment system.
How do I upload an attachment?
To upload/change your resume, go to step 6 (attachments) and click 'Add'.
To delete an attachment, click the box on the left hand side of the file to highlight the line and click the 'Delete' button.
How do I check the progress of my application?
To check the progress of your application, visit the 'Employment Opportunities' section. Click on 'My Application' to view the status of your application.
I haven't heard from Australia Post since I registered my details. What should I do?
You'll be sent an email once you have successfully applied for a job. This is to confirm your application has been received.
The Recruitment Team will contact you if you've been shortlisted for any suitable vacancies. Due to the large number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
I'm unable to open my draft application.
To edit your job application, go to 'My applications'. Highlight the application you want to edit and click 'Continue Display / Application'. This will open a new window. Please follow the prompts.
A new window displays. Click 'Continue' to make changes to your application.
Alternatively, if a new window does not display, check your pop up blocker settings on your web browser to enable pop ups.
How do I apply for a job?
To apply for a job vacancy, click 'Employment Opportunities' to run a search on any current vacancies.
How do I set up a job alert?
To save a job alert, select your preferred search criteria and click 'Save as job alert'.
I've registered my details more than once and now I'm unsure which one to use.
If you've registered using two different emails on the system, it's likely you've created two profiles on the eRecruitment system. Therefore you'll need to decide which profile to delete.
We recommend you delete the profile that you're not using. Click 'Delete registration' on the profile you want to delete.