Post Office Box Sorters
Employed throughout our retail network, in all areas, Post Office Box Sorters ensure the efficient delivery of letters, parcels and other mail articles to our Post Office Box holders and our customers within our post offices and networks.
You work in a safe, high performing environment where you will provide an accurate and efficient mail and parcel delivery service into our Post Office Boxes.
Delivering great service to our customers is vital at Australia Post. You'll be proud of the contribution you make to enhance our reputation and will enjoy providing our customers with retail solutions that make a difference.
You will generally work in the early morning from approximately 6:00am onwards and for approximately two hours duration or as required.
What are the responsibilities of a Postal Mail Box Sorter?
- The delivery of mail accurately and efficiently into the correct PO Boxes and Locked bags located at a retail outlet, including registered services, speed services and unaddressed services and via a mail hatch to customers.
- The processing of additional delivery procedures as necessary, including redirection services, notification services and reply paid services.
- To provide a customer friendly and delivery service whilst meeting Australia Post's sorting and delivery standards.
- Commitment to customer service and an adherence to service standards
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to contribute to overall team success.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand verbal and written information and instructions.
- The ability to interact and develop and sustain relationships with customers, management and staff.
- Appropriate knowledge and awareness of Occupational Health and Safety relevant to the position.
- Attention to detail and an approachable personality are also important.
We'll provide the training to get you up to speed - you provide the enthusiasm and attitude.
All permanent full-time and part-time positions at Australia Post are subject to a three month probationary period during which time they will be required to meet specific performance standards.
What are the requirements of a Postal Mail Box Sorter?
- Must be able to lift up to 16kg of mail on a repetitive basis.
- Be able to stand for the duration of your shift.
- Be flexible for additional hours, changing shift times and changing locations.
- Be customer focused and be able to work collaboratively with your team to deliver solutions.
- Be fast and efficient.