Australia Post announces key features of Digital Mailbox05 April 2012
Australia Post today announced further details of its free and secure Digital Mailbox, which will be launched later this year. The digital mailbox will be deploying the Volly™ secure digital delivery system Pitney Bowes introduced in 2011.
"We have been working hard on this project for a long time and are very excited to be introducing our technology partner Pitney Bowes and announcing even more features."
"The Australia Post Digital Mailbox will allow citizens and businesses to communicate with the government and corporations through a secure online portal that can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, wherever they are," said Australia Post Managing Director and CEO Ahmed Fahour.
"For senders of mail this is a low cost and secure platform that integrates a world class postal service with a secure digital communications suite to provide an offering of physical, digital and hybrid mail."
Pitney Bowes Chairman, President and CEO Murray Martin said they were proud to be partnering with such a trusted brand. "We are pleased that Volly will be incorporated into Australia Post's latest innovative digital technology initiative," Martin said. "In the emerging industry of digital mail, Volly offers superior security, and is backed by the company that knows customer communications better than anyone, Pitney Bowes."
Key features for customers:
Unlike traditional email or the Internet, the digital delivery service is highly secure. Customers will opt-in to participate, and the only information they will receive will be from mailers they select who have likewise opted into the service.
- All communications will be encrypted so that only the intended recipient can view them.
- The secure digital delivery service will aggregate the currently splintered environment for electronic billing and payments. Using the Mailbox service, consumers will only need to go to one website to see and action all their transaction mail.
- The service will feature the ability to read and print mail, set reminders and pay bills
- The secure digital vault will allow consumers to store important documents such as tax records, a copy of their passport or other household documents they would like to be able to securely access from anywhere.
- The mailbox will be available on iPad, iPhone and Android platforms and your desktop.
Key features for businesses and government:
- For businesses, which already use and trust Australia Post, the system offers a flexible range of integration options to allow businesses to connect securely to their customers through the Australia Post Digital Mailbox.
- Businesses will have a secure digital delivery service to consumers as part of an integrated physical and digital marketing and communication platform.
- The integrated hybrid product will offer better value for money than any other singular service.
"Consumers live in both the online and physical worlds, which is a challenge and an opportunity for businesses. The Volly-powered Australia Post Digital Mailbox will give businesses the most powerful tool yet to develop an integrated communications program that uses both physical and digital mail for maximum impact and effect," said Mr Martin.
Australia Post last month, announced an expansion of its 24-hour superstores to 30 new locations across the country and 24 new business hubs to assist small businesses. The new superstores will feature self-service terminals, parcel lockers, a Harvey World Travel Store, an American Express currency exchange outlet, and a concierge to help customers.
Pitney Bowes is the world's leading provider of integrated customer communications solutions that help companies grow, with an annual turnover of US$5.3 billion.
For more information on Volly go to http://www.volly.com/